Chili con carne…. A one pot meal with an excellent combination of lean beef and beans. the great thing about this dish is that you can adjust the spice level according to your taste. Well I must say this is one of the hearty Mexican meals.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 kg Beef (minced)
- Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can or 1 cup Red Kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 5 Medium Tomato (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Masa Harina De Maiz (ground corn)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 to 4 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic and onion. Stir and cook on medium heat until softened.
- Add minced beef, cook on medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Stir and break the large pieces with the help of wooden spoon. Keep stirring for 5 min until the mince is uniform and there are no large lumps.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chopped green bell pepper, cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano, chili powder, beef stock cube and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook on high heat and bring it to boil.
- Now cover the pan and cook on low heat for 1 hour. (add water if needed)
- Uncover the pan and stir in red kidney beans. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whisk ground corn with water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir this mixture in the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the chili is thickened.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve the Chili Con Carne tortilla chips and rice. Enjoy!
95.833333333333 0 100 48