Coconut Shrimp….Discover this amazing deep fried coconut coated shrimp starter. Serve it with tartar sauce/ thai chilli sauce.
- 1 lb shrimp ( peeled, deveined)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
For Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
In a large bowl, add flour, black pepper, salt and baking powder. Mix well
Beat eggs in another bowl until foamy.
Combine bread crumbs and shredded coconut in the third bowl and set aside.
Now first coat shrimp with flour mixture, then roll in the beaten eggs bowl and in the end coat with crumbs and coconut.
Heat the oil in frying pan and fry shrimps 5-6 at a time. When shrimps turn golden brown take out on a paper towel. After the excess oil is absorbed by paper towel transfer shrimps to serving plate and serve with Thai chilli sauce/ tartar sauce
If serving with tartar sauce then mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1/2 hour before using.