A wonderful and easy dish of boneless chicken with a fresh tasting apple sauce. Do not forget to have cooked rice before you start making Curried Chicken with Apples for your dinner. If you like your curry to be crunchy, garnish it with almonds/cashews.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 large/2 small apples, peeled and cut it into cubes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut it into cubes
- 1/2 cup apple juice (unsweetened)
- 1-2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet add 2 tablespoons of oil and chicken cubes. Sprinkle salt and pepper and stir fry for 3-4 min or until the chicken pieces turns golden brown.
- Transfer chicken pieces to the dish and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet.
- Now saute onion until it begins to soften. Add garlic and apple cubes.
- Cook for 5 min with constant stirring. Now add ginger, curry powder and apple juice.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add chicken cubes. Simmer for 8-10 min until all the juice is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with your desired topping yogurt/ almonds.