Frittata is an Italian dish, it’s a quiche without a crust or a baked omelette with some additional pasta, veggies, meat and cheese as a filling. It’s filling varies according to one’s liking. Best dish to have on busy work days as this recipe requires no time.
It may serve as a healthy breakfast or a hearty meal too.
Kids would surely love to have it in their lunch boxes. It is served both hot and cold.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 TBS finely chopped fresh basil + some for garnishing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt or add to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black peppers
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- olive oil, for greasing
- Heat butter in a skillet and saute onion, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms until softened. Drain and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Grease a large baking tray and transfer the above vegetable mixture into it.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and then add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl, mix with the hand whisker to combine well.
- Pour the mixture over the veggie mixture, and bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven add a bit of basil, let it cool and then cut into wedges to serve.
0 0 100 2