Grilled fish is one of the healthy way to include fish in your diet. Marinate the fish with some spices and grill it. For a full hearty meal serve grilled fillets with rice and a bowl of salad. It will be a perfect fish pattie for a sandwich too.
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed finely
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS white vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red peppers
- 1 tsp black peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Wash the fish fillets under running water, removing any leftover scales with the blunt knife.
- Soak the fish in plenty of water. Add a tsp of crushed garlic to the soaked fish and keep aside for about 2 hours. This will remove its unpleasant smell.
- Take a shallow bowl mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add fish fillet to the bowl and coat them evenly with the marinade from all sides. Refrigerate for about 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat, grease the grill with olive oil and place the fillet on the grill. Brush the fillet with the marinade in the bowl. Do not turn the fillet for 3,4 minutes or until opaque.
- Flip the fillet and again brush it with the marinade and let it cook until completely opaque or done. Likewise grill all the fillets.
- Place the fillets in a serving platter, toss an onion in little oil until tender to serve with the grilled fish or have it with the baked mashed potatoes.
100 0 100 1