Everybody loves Hamburger so try this particular homemade and gourmet dish. Serving with fresh salad and bread will be almost like eating a fashion sandwich.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can corn
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted or sour cream.
- 3/4 cup water or Beef broth
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions, optional
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
Stir in seasonings. Add tomatoes, corn and green beans; cook for 7-8 min stirring occasionally. Mean while in a small bowl, mix soup and water.
In a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: beef mixture, potatoes and soup mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired French-fried onions .
- Cover the dish and bake for 60-75 min or until casserole is bubbly and the potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.