Pasta from the Italian cuisine is one of my favorites. I can cook delicious pasta or spaghetti, but then i tried this Italian lamb stew. All the flavors and ingredients combination give this dish a perfect taste. Dont miss to try this simple but mouth watering lamb stew.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2lb boneless/bone in lamb shoulder, cut into chunks
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut it into medium sized cubes
- 4-5 small potatoes, cut into half
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the boneless lamb chunks with salt and black pepper and then coat it with flour (Don’t forget to remove any excess flour).
- Heat oil in a casserole and add pieces of meat. Stir the pieces occasionally and when turn to golden brown transfer the pieces to dish.
- Add onion, garlic, rosemary and stir fry for 2-3 min.
- Now reduce the heat to low and add tomatoes. Stir and let caramelize for 5 min. Add water and bring to simmer. Return all the meat pieces to casserole along with chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 hours until lamb is tender.
- Now add vegetables and cook for another 15-20 min or until vegetables are soft. Stir in lemon juice and chopped parsley. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy.
0 0 100 0