Simple, easy to make and healthy, all comes in this matar pulao. Its a great combination of rice with peas and is perfect at the time when you do not like to have curry with your food.
- 1/2 kg Rice (soaked for 30m)
- 1 cup Peas (boiled)
- 2 Potato (cut in strips)
- 2 Onion (sliced)
- 4 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 6 Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion till golden brown.Take out the fried onion and chop it.
- In the same oil add black pepper, clove, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon, ginger garlic paste and strips of potato.Stir fry for 3-4 minute.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 5 minutes until potatoes are half cooked.
- Add boiled peas, salt, chili powder and chopped green chilies, mix well. Again stir fry for 5 min.
- Add in soaked rice and 2 1/2 cup water.Cook on medium heat until the water has almost absorbed by the rice.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 10 minutes so that the rice are set. Turn off the heat and serve hot with raita.
0 0 100 0