Mutton kunna is a delicious mutton curry with rich flavour and taste of mutton meat combined with the mutton trotters. It’s mouth watering and extra ordinary taste makes it a very special dish to be served on special occasions. Do try this easy and delicious recipe at home and ENJOY!
- 1 kg mutton
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TBS ginger garlic paste
- Mutton trotters stock of 2 trotters
- 2 TBS red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt add to taste
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black cumin, crushed
- 6 - 8 whole black peppers
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 TBS wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat ghee in a clay pot or large pan and fry onion till golden.
- Add ginger, garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Add mutton and fry at medium low flame for about 7 mins.
- Now add the spices, red chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed cumin, coriander powder, whole black peppers, cloves and mace and fry for 2 more mins.
- Add mutton trotters stock, salt and cook covered on low flame till the meat is tender.
- Mix flour with water and add to the cooked meat while stirring continuously. Cook till the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the flame, dish it out, garnish with black cumin and ginger and serve hot with naan.
71.428571428571 0 100 7