Enjoy this savoury spinach quiche at home with this very easy and quick recipe. It is made from egg and milk custard, buttery pie crust with different fillings of flavourful cheese and veggies. You can add or remove ingredients according to our choice. It can be a healthy breakfast, delicious brunch, creamy lunch or light supper.
It can be served both hot and cold so feel free to place it in your kid lunch box.
- 1 9 inch pie crust (ready made)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (shredded)
- Salt and peppers add to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan and saute onion until softened. Add garlic and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add spinach and fry for 2 more minutes over medium flame, then cook over low flame, stirring occasionally till all the water dries out. Season with salt and freshly ground black peppers.
- Lightly beat the eggs and whisk in milk, salt and black peppers, to form a smooth custard.
- Layer the bottom of pie crust with shredded cheese, then add the layer of prepared spinach. Finally pour over the egg/milk custard.
- Quiche is now ready to bake. Bake the quiche for about 35-40 minutes or until filling is set and the top is evenly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 10 minutes, cut into wedges and serve warm.
100 0 100 4