A refreshing tomato salsa recipe straight from the Mexican cusine, full of fresh vegetables combined with jalapeno pepper and topped with lime juice. It can be easily made at home with the most used kitchen ingredients and for best results use riped tomatoes.
This tomato salsa can be used as a salad/sauce with you favourtie food or as a dip to make your tortillas more delicious.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons olives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum ( green/yellow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large jalapeno chile
- Cut tomatoes, onion and jalapeno chile, capsicum and black olives into 1/4 inch small pieces.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion and jalapeno chile in a blender. Blend to make a smooth puree. (Note: Skip this step if you like to have the chunks of vegetables in your salsa)
- Now in another bowl mix lime juice and olive oil.
- Pour this relish over tomato mixture. Add chopped coriander, capsicum, and black olives. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients and set aside for atleast 1 hour ( or cover and refrigerate it for one hour, it will allow all the flavors to develop).
- Serve with Nacho Chips and ENJOY!!!