A delicious, purely homemade lemon cake to make your tea times extra special.
- 1 cup Sifted Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Lemon juice and grated grind of 2,3 normal size lemons
- 1 cup Whip cream
- First of all mix all the dry ingredients. Add baking powder to the sifted flour and sift again for proper mixing.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool. Then gradually mix sugar with butter and beat it till the batter’s light and fluffy. Add lemon rind to the mix and beat again.
- Beat the eggs separately, till they harden. Next, add the butter+ sugar mix to the eggs batter and beat it well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, flour+baking powder mixture, slowly and in small amounts, to this batter and keep beating till a smooth, foamy texture is attained.
- Next, add lemon juice to the creamy, smooth mixture and mix it well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Grease a baking pan and pour this batter in it. Put it up for baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. You can perform a toothpick test to confirm if its done or not. Note: Insert a dry knife or fork into the cake, if it comes out moistened, your cake is not yet ready until the fork comes out dry.
- Beat whip cream till medium peaks form and refrigerate. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature. Flip it (upside down) in a serving plate. Garnish with whip cream and serve with the afternoon tea.
These cookies are just yummyyyy… Its buttery, crunchy and a perfect combination of oats and raisins.
Try these oatmeal raisin cookies this weekend and I am sure your kids wont stop themselves from licking their fingers.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cup Oats (Do not use instant oats)
- 1 1/2 cup raisin
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease two baking trays or two large cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl add flour, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. MIx well and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat softened butter until creamy. Add in caster sugar, brown sugar and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
Beat in eggs and vanilla essence.
Stir dry mixture of flour in butter-sugar mixture and mix it well. Note: Do not over mix the mixture.
Lastly stir in oats and raisins.
Drop heaped tablespoon on baking tray with 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated oven until golden brown. Cool them for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove carefully with spatula.
Store in an air tight container and enjoy with your afternoon tea.
Banana bread coffee cake is a delicious and healthy snack for banana lovers. You will surely love this combination of coffee and banana. For best results use riped bananas in your recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cream cheese/cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pecans/walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
Preheat oven to 350 F
With the help of an electric mixer beat butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Now add cream, baking soda followed by mashed bananas into the butter mixture and mix well
Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
Now gradually add the flour and baking powder into the creamed mixture and mix well until combined.
Pour batter into the greased pan.
Combine all the topping ingredients in another bowl and mix well
Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake for 50-60 min until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve with afternoon tea and ENJOY!
One of the never-fail easy biscuits that look great and taste great too..
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Cardamom (crushed seeds only)
- A few Pistachios (for decoration)
Preheat the oven. Mix flour and baking powder, sift in a bowl.
Add sugar, salt, Cardamoms and ghee and kneed together to make a ball.
Make small balls (this recipe will make about 18); put them on a lightly greased baking tray. Put a pistachio on top of each and lightly press each ball to make it look like a biscuit. They will expand further during baking; make sure they are not placed congested.
Gas oven, on 200 gas mark will take 20 minutes to bake them, or till their bases turn slightly brown
- Let them breathe for 10 minutes once they are out of oven, before serving them.
A tres leches cake, or torta de tres leches (from Spanish, “three milks cake”), or pan tres leches (“three milks bread”) Latin American cake is also very popular in North America.
It is a moist big sponge soaked in different types of milk, topped with whipped cream and served with fresh Fruits (Cherry, Blueberry, strawberry or any berry you like.)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside. (Do it with hand)
- With the help of electric mixer beat butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Note: Beat at low speed.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Note: Make sure that the mixture doesn’t have lumps. If you saw a few mix again, it should be a smooth mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until the fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest outside for 20 minutes.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. After 20 minutes pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Top with fruits and ENJOY!
Baci di dama consists of two cookies sandwiched together with dark chocolate in between the cookies. These Italian cookies are also known as lady kisses.
These cookies are simply out of this world with a fantastic taste and very simple and easy to make.
- 100 g or 3/4 cup All-purpose flour(shifted)
- 100 g or 7 tablespoons Unsalted Cold Butter(cut into small cubes)
- 75 g or 1/3 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g dark chocolate (chopped)
FOR COOKIES: Add toasted and skinned hazelnuts in a food processor. Process for few minutes until it turn into crumbs.
In a large bowl add hazelnut crumbs, all-purpose flour, butter cubes, salt and sugar.
Mix all ingredients with your hands to form a dough.
Knead the dough on work surface until smooth and butter is fully incorporated. NOTE: the dough should be smooth with no cracks on it.
Divide the dough into 4 portions.
Roll each portion into a 3/4 inch thick log.
Wrap the logs with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets/cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the logs into equal size pieces and roll them into small balls.
Place all the balls on lined baking sheets. NOTE: Leave 2 cm space between cookies.
Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden. NOTE: place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven.
Remove the baking sheet from oven and let the cookies cool completely.
FOR FILLING: Place heatproof dry bowl over simmering water pan. NOTE: the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
Add chopped dark chocolate into the bowl. Stir until chocolate melts.
Remove the bowl from heat. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
Add teaspoon of melted chocolate on one cookie and place the other one on top.
Repeat the above step for all the cookies. Leave them for 20 minutes until chocolate is firm.
Store them in an air tight jar and Enjoy with your afternoon tea!!
Fresh cream pineapple cake are always very refreshing and light to taste. Enjoy making this super simple recipe and share it with your loved ones!
- 250 gm sugar
- 250 gm flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 gm fresh cream
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 gm vanilla sugar
Put eggs and 125 gm sugar in a bowl and mix well.
Mix the 125 gm remaining sugar with fresh cream and vanilla sugar well in a separate bowl. Then mix these two mixtures till they are well combined.
Mix together 250 gm of flour with backing powder and add in this mixture mixing in slow speed.
Spread this on a baking tin lined with baking paper and put in oven at 180 C. Cook for about 30-45 minutes. You can always try the toothpick test to make sure your cake’s all ready. When its done, take it out and put it aside for cooling down.
When the cake has cooled down cut it horizontally. Apply a layer of whipped cream and spread it evenly. Now take cherries and pineapple slices to decorate the cake as you like.
A fresh and tasty falafel wrap recipe is here for you which can be enjoyed at lunch or dinner. Falafel is a patty made of ground chickpeas, when served with pita bread, hummus and vegetables is nothing but a healthy middle eastern meal.
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight with a pinch of baking soda)
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Oil for deep frying
- 6 Pita bread
- 1 cup Hummus
- 10 Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Tomato (finely chopped)
- Fries (for serving)
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno pickles (optional)
- Drain the water (in which the chickpeas are soaked) and rinse them 2-3 times.
- Add chickpeas in a food processor along with onion, garlic, chopped parsley, coriander leaves and green chilies. Process until it is well combined. note: Do not add water while processing, if required add 1 to 2 tablespoon.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl. Add flour, salt, black pepper powder,cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well. Add baking soda just before frying and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in wok. With the help of tablespoon add falafel mixture in such a way that small balls are formed. Cook on medium heat.
- Fry from both the sides till golden brown.Drain on paper towel so that that excess oil is absorbed by the towel.
- Now Toast pita bread.
- Fill pita bread with falafel, hummus, lettuce, chopped tomatoes and jalapeño pickles. Serve with fries and ENJOY!.
These heart shaped chocolate chip cookies when served with afternoon tea makes your loved ones feel special.
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
Heat oven to 350 F. Line the baking tray with non stick paper.
Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until well combined.
Now add egg, maple syrup and beat until incorporated.
Add the flour , salt and baking soda. Mix well. In the end stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Grease the inside of heart shaped cookie cutter with oil.
Flour the surface and roll out dough. Use cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
Bake for 8-10 min or until light golden. Transfer to a cookie rack to cool. Serve with afternoon tea and store in an air tight container for later use.
A simple yet delicious pizza recipe with minced meat or you can also take chicken if you like. Simply the best meaty pizza recipe you could come across.
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Castor sugar (shakkar)
- ¼ cup Capsicum cut in cubes
- ¼ cup Onions cut in cubes
- 5 tbsp Already prepared minced meat or chicken
- Tomato paste as required
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- Canned mushrooms as required
- 4 tbsp Olives cut in slices
- Roll the dough and place it on a baking tray. Next spread a layer of tomato paste on its top. Spread minced meat or chicken chunks, capsicum, mushrooms, olives and onions on the rolled dough.
- Put it in a preheated oven for baking at 450 deg F for thirty minutes. Take it out and check on the lower side. It if has turned golden brown, it means its done.
- If you keep the crust thin, it will bake quicker and will have more flavor.