Black forest cake is an English name of a German Dessert. It’s a chocolate cake having two or more layers, with whip cream and cherries in between each layer, and then the cake is decorated with additional cream, cherries and chocolate shavings.
It’s a perfect wedding or birthday treat as the kids would love its chocolaty look and of course it’s healthy with the cherries. Original recipe is made with black cherries.
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 12 TBS Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 4 medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 6 TBS Cocoa powder
- 5 ounces Chocolate finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Water
Filling and Garnishing:
- 1 cup Whip cream
- Whip cream half cup in piping bag, refrigerate it.
- 8 to 10 Fresh Cherries
- 1 cup Chopped cherries
- 2 cups Grated chocolate
- Sugar syrup: Mix 3/4 cup of sugar with 1 1/2 cups of water. Then add 2 TBS lemon juice, mix and chill till use.
- Preheat oven 180 degrees C or 160 F. Grease the cake pan with butter and set aside.
- Heat water till it starts boiling, remove from the heat, add chocolate and cocoa powder and mix well until all mixed and smooth. Set aside and let it cool for 15 mins.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda and sift at least three times. This will help your cake sponge to rise full and spongy.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until softened, then add sugar and beat till mixed and fluffy.
- Now add eggs one by one, while beating between each addition letting each incorporate fully before adding the next one. Add vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add a little of the flour mixture and beat until flour is incorporated. Then add the chocolate mixture and beat, repeat the same process, alternating between flour and chocolate mixture until all the ingredients are incorporated with smooth outcome.
- Pour the cake batter in a greased pan and bake in oven till its golden brown. Insert a skewer into the cake, if it comes moistened, give more time to cake in oven. Keep on checking, your cake is ready when the skewer comes out dry.
- Cool the cake on wire racks for about 45 minutes.
- Beat the whip cream till stiff peaks and refrigerate it for later use.
- With a big knife, carefully cut the cake horizontally into two parts and keep them aside.
- Working on with one layer, prick the cake layer from few places with a skewer. Drizzle 5 to 6 TBS sugar syrup over the cake layer covering the entire cake. Do not drizzle too much syrup as the cake might get soggy,
- Using a spatula, spread as much whip cream, over the cake, as you want leaving a gap of about an inch from the edge of the cake. Spread some chopped cherries over the cream layer.
- Place the other layer of cake over this decorated layer and press a little. Repeat the same process with this layer, adding syrup, then a layer of cream and then chopped cherries. Spread the cream evenly with a spatula covering the side of the cake all around.
- Refrigerate cake for about 30 minutes letting the cream to set and firm up.
- At the time of serving, take out the cake and decorate with cream in piping bag, making small circles all over the edge. Place a cherry in each of these circles, to make it more yummy.
- For more tempting look, especially for kids and chocolate lovers, spread a layer of grated chocolate over the cake covering the top of the cake with dark chocolate and hence the name black forest.
Cover all around the sides of cake with the grated chocolate too, to give it all chocolaty look. Refrigerate and serve.
Sugar syrup is a substitute for cherries syrup. it’s best if you use cherries syrup.
This is a yummy sponge cake with an irresistible taste, filled with strawberry preserves. It’s a perfect treat for the kids on their birthday and for wedding anniversaries as well.
- 200 gms Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 150 gms Castor sugar
- 150 gms Plain butter
- 4 Eggs medium
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For filling cream:
- 100 gms Butter softened
- 200 gms Icing sugar
- 2 TBS Milk
- Strawberry Jam as desired
- Fresh Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C or 160 degrees F. Line your pan with baking parchment or grease your pan with butter.
- Mix baking powder to the flour and sift it at least three times.
- With an electric hand whisk, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl. add sugar to the softened butter and beat well until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one to the mixing bowl and continue beating after each addition until all mixed well.
- Add vanilla extract and beat.
- Add the sifted flour mixture gradually in small amounts to the bowl and beat after each addition until the cake batter is smooth and soft.
- Bake the cake in oven for about 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Cool for ten minutes and then take it out up side down. Cut the cake horizontally, with a large knife, into two parts of equal thickness.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with beater and add half the icing sugar with 1 TBS milk. Beat till smooth and mixed well. Add the remaining milk and icing sugar and beat well. You can add more milk to adjust the consistency of butter cream as u desire. Beat well until smooth.
- To one of the cake layer, spread the butter cream evenly over it. Then add an even layer of strawberry jam over the butter cream layer. Place the other half of cake over this layering. Sprinkle icing sugar over the cake.
- You can cover the top and sides of cake with the butter cream if you like your cake more creamy. Decorate with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate the cake for 10 minutes, allowing the layer of butter cream to firm up. Serve fresh.
Enjoy making a red valentine jelly cake stuffed with melted chocolate at home for your loved ones and surprise them with your pure love and affection.
- 1 packet Strawberry jelly
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup cakes
- 2 tablespoons Nutella chocolate spread
- 2 cup cake mould
- As desired chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoon fresh cream
- 2 chocolate chunks
Take both the cup cakes and cut out a little portion of cake from top deep in the center.
Fill in the center with 1 TBS nutella spread. Repeat the same with the other cake too.
Cover the top of cake filling with cut out cake portion.
Heat 1.5 cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil. Add all the contents of strawberry jellY and heat till dissolved.
Pour jelly equally in both the moulds.
Place a cup cake upside down in each mould.
Let the jelly cool and settle. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Separate jelly from the sides of the mould with knife, gently shake and invert the mould over the serving plate.
Your red valentine dessert is ready to serve after garnishing.
Cut out the portion of jelly from the top of both the jelly cakes, fill in this gap with chocolate syrup, drop a tsp of fresh cream over each cake, pop in a chocolate chunk and serve.
Deep red velvet cake with a subtle chocolate flavor topped with cream cheese frosting is great for valentine’s day and will surely please your loved ones.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coca powder
- 2 tablespoons red food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup (225 g) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120 g) butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush the interior bottom and sides of two heart shape baking pans with vegetable oil.
- Stir the red food color and coca in a small bowl. Add the maple syrup, mix well and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in another bowl until fluffy. Now add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in the coca mixture and salt.
- Add the flour and buttermilk in portions and beat after each addition until combined.
- Add the baking soda and vinegar. Mix well (do not beat at this step).
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan. Bake for 30-40 min or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile beat the butter and cheese cream in a bowl. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. In the end add maple syrup and salt.
- Remove the cake from pans. Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread a layer of frosting. Now arrange the next cake on top. Spread the remaining frosting on the top and sides. Decorate the cake with crumbled cake pieces. Serve and ENJOY with your loved ones.
This moist and delicious Galaxy Chocolate Cake is perfect for any celebration. Its simple and easy to make at home. The galaxy chocolate icing gives your kids a mouthwatering treat.
- 6 oz or 180 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Egg large
- 5 oz or 150 g Flour (double shifted)
- 3 oz or 75 g Galaxy Drinking Chocolate
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Hot Water ( not too much hot)
- 7 oz or 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 5 oz or 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz or 225 g Icing Sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Chocolate Sauce
- 8 oz or 225 g Galaxy Chocolate (cut into pieces)
- 125ml Cream
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Grease a round deep 8″ loose bottom pan.
- Take a large bowl, add unsalted butter. Beat with an electric beater until creamy. Add caster sugar and beat again for one minute.
- Add eggs one by one and mix with spatula. When all the eggs are well mixed, beat again for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients ( flour, galaxy drinking chocolate and baking powder).
- Add half of the dry mixture in eggs mixture. Beat for a minute. Now add the remaining of the dry mixture along with the water. Beat for another 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy.
- Pour cake mixture in a greased pan. Place the pan in a pre-heated oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Take two pans where one will fit into the other. Add 2-3 cups of water in big pan and place a metal ring in the middle of the bigger pan. Place it over medium heat
- When water starts boiling place the small pan into the big pan. Add pieces of galaxy chocolate and cream into the small pan. Stir continuously until the chocolate and cream become smooth. Remove both the pans from heat.
- Now add unsalted butter in chocolate and cream mixture, stir with spatula until smooth. Add icing sugar and mix well until creamy and smooth.
- Place the baked cake in a plate.
- Using a clean spatula spread the icing all over the top and sides of the cake .Add some chocolate sauce on the icing. Garnish with walnuts.
- Transfer Galaxy Chocolate Cake to a serving plate and serve with afternoon tea. Enjoy!
Butter cream is one of my favorite frosting. Make this super marble cake recipe at home and rest assure your kids would adore it!
- 220 gm flour
- 220 gm castor sugar
- 220 gm butter
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- few drops vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- pinch of salt for icing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- some water
Take butter at room temperature, add sugar and beat with an egg beater till it mixes. Add eggs, one by one and beat long enough till the mixture increases in volume, becomes pale yellow and fluffy. Add vanilla essence too. Put away the egg beater as it is no more required now
Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and sift them at least once. With a large spoon mix the sifted flour with the egg mixture till it just combines. Do not over mix
If you want to make a marble cake, take out half a cup of the mixture and add milk, cocoa powder salt and sugar in it till every thing Combines. Pour half of the vanilla mixture in a greased oven pan, pour the chocolate mixture in the middle in the form of an O, pour over the rest of the vanilla mixture.
Use toothpick test to check the cakes doneness, takes roughly 50 minutes to bake in a preheated oven at 175 deg C. For Icing combine melted butter, icing sugar and just enough water to make the icing that isn’t too hard or too watery. Apply on cake when the cake has cooled down.
A delicious, purely homemade lemon cake to make your tea times extra special.
- 1 cup Sifted Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Lemon juice and grated grind of 2,3 normal size lemons
- 1 cup Whip cream
- First of all mix all the dry ingredients. Add baking powder to the sifted flour and sift again for proper mixing.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool. Then gradually mix sugar with butter and beat it till the batter’s light and fluffy. Add lemon rind to the mix and beat again.
- Beat the eggs separately, till they harden. Next, add the butter+ sugar mix to the eggs batter and beat it well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, flour+baking powder mixture, slowly and in small amounts, to this batter and keep beating till a smooth, foamy texture is attained.
- Next, add lemon juice to the creamy, smooth mixture and mix it well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Grease a baking pan and pour this batter in it. Put it up for baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. You can perform a toothpick test to confirm if its done or not. Note: Insert a dry knife or fork into the cake, if it comes out moistened, your cake is not yet ready until the fork comes out dry.
- Beat whip cream till medium peaks form and refrigerate. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature. Flip it (upside down) in a serving plate. Garnish with whip cream and serve with the afternoon tea.
Cheesecakes, baked or unbaked, are usually made with many layers, with the base made usually of graham crackers, pastry or sponge cake. These cakes are kept in the oven for hours after baking is done as they continue to bond and harden during that time. Enjoy a super yummy baked cheese cake with this simple and easy recipe!
- 7 1/2 Graham crackers crushed
- 2 TBS Butter melted
- 16 ounces Cream cheese
- 2 TBS Flour
- 6 TBS heaped Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush graham crackers and mix them well with butter. Press this mixture to the base of a baking pan.
- Take a separate bowl and beat cream cheese with sugar till its thoroughly blended. Next, add milk, eggs and all the remaining ingredients and keep blending till a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour this batter over the pressed crackers and put it up for baking for one hour. Let the cake sit inside the oven while cooling for five hours. This protects it from cracking.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator till you need to serve. At the time of serving, garnish it with whipped cream and fruits of your choice. Enjoy!
Fresh cream pineapple cake are always very refreshing and light to taste. Enjoy making this super simple recipe and share it with your loved ones!
- 250 gm sugar
- 250 gm flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 gm fresh cream
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 gm vanilla sugar
Put eggs and 125 gm sugar in a bowl and mix well.
Mix the 125 gm remaining sugar with fresh cream and vanilla sugar well in a separate bowl. Then mix these two mixtures till they are well combined.
Mix together 250 gm of flour with backing powder and add in this mixture mixing in slow speed.
Spread this on a baking tin lined with baking paper and put in oven at 180 C. Cook for about 30-45 minutes. You can always try the toothpick test to make sure your cake’s all ready. When its done, take it out and put it aside for cooling down.
When the cake has cooled down cut it horizontally. Apply a layer of whipped cream and spread it evenly. Now take cherries and pineapple slices to decorate the cake as you like.
Yogurt cheese cake is quick and easy to prepare. Its a perfect dessert to be served after a summer dinner, also tastes best with the afternoon tea. The yogurt adds an irresistible taste to this cheese cake.
- 180 grams graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz Greek yogurt/sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Grease a 9 inch pan with oil and make sure that the sides and the bottom of the pan are well greased.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and set aside.
Add the biscuits in a food processor and chop them
Mix butter and chopped cookies in a bowl.
Pour the biscuit mixture at the bottom of the pan and press it gently. Note: The biscuits should be evenly distributed at the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
With the help of a hand mixer/stand mixer beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add egg, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Next add sugar and beat on medium speed.
Finally add flour and yogurt and beat until blended.
Add vanilla extract and mix well.
Spread the filling over the crust and bake for 50 min until the cake is set. The center will be jiggly but it will set as it cools.
Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Top the cheese cake with strawberries and serve with afternoon tea. ENJOY!